You will know the answer for yourself from inside. Keep listening.
My counselling approach is strength based, compassion driven and holistic. I integrate mindfulness with person centred, narrative therapy and social justice/anti-oppression informed therapy approaches. Mindfulness can encourage us to wake up to the fullness of our humanity, prevent further fragmentation of who we are, and connect us to our inherent right to a free heart.
I work with adults who want to:
- cultivate mindfulness for resiliency and centred well-being.
- discover their life’s purpose
- have happier and healthier relationships
- increase joy and meaning in life
- take care of difficult emotions like
- unbearable loneliness
- burn out
- move through life challenges such as
- gender transitions
- everyday oppression
- questions of identity, including gender, sexuality, ancestry, spirituality
- immigration and re-location
- chronic illness
- relationship loss
- dying and death of loved one
When we are suffering, I believe we are often driven by distorted perceptions of who we are. The roots of these distortions may be located in our family of origin, impacts of colonization and inter-generational trauma, and the cumulative effects of everyday hostilities such as racism, classism and transphobia. When we internalize these distortions, we lose touch with who we are authentically. We lose trust in our own capacity for wisdom, self- compassion, inner freedom, and openness to life itself.
It is profoundly rewarding work to witness another being’s whole hearted self-rediscovery. I am committed to centering the person’s agency throughout the therapeutic process, collaborating gently, listening deeply, non-judgmentally, and working efficiently. I include the body’s wisdom in relationship to our spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health, integrating the person’s worldviews.
Feel free to contact me at 778-829-8959, email@example.com, to book a free 30min initial phone consultation.
Individual Sessions are 60 min. for $120 +GST.
Total cost is $126/session.
Payment is due at the beginning of each session. Payment methods include e-transfer, cash and cheque.
Cancellations require a minimum of 24 hrs notice or the full session fee will be charged.
Broadway and Oak
- Main entrance wheelchair accessible. Automatic door.
- Office entrance wheelchair accessible. Manual door.
- Washrooms are single stall, gendered. Wheelchair accessible. Manual door.
- Waiting room. Filtered water.
- Paid underground parking